- 始礼经文:称谢耶和华,歌颂你至高者的名!用十弦的乐器和瑟,用琴弹优雅的声音。早晨传扬你的慈爱,每夜传扬你的信实,这本为美事!因你耶和华藉著你的作为叫我高兴;我要因你手的工作欢呼。耶和华啊,你的工作何其大,你的心思极其深!惟你耶和华是至高,直到永远! (诗篇 92:1-5,8)
- 祢真伟大(How Great Thou Art)
- 主祢真伟大(How Awesome You Are)
- 活着为要敬拜祢 (I Live To Worship You)
- 读经:路加福音 24:13-35
- 结束诗歌:一生爱祢 (With All My Love)
CAC, The Methodist Church in Malaysia (26/4/2020)
Order of Home Worship (8)
- Opening Words: It is good to praise the Lord and make music to you name, O Most High, to proclaim you love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten- stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands. How great are your works, O Lord, how profound your thoughts! You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalm 92:1-5, 8)
- Prayer of Adoration: You are the Sovereign One, O God, and rightly to be praised. Your name shall ever be upon our lips. You have heard our cry and saved us from our distress. You have enlightened us; our faces reflect Your radiance. Your promised redemption aglow with splendor, Ruler of all nations we come to worship You. Amen.
- How Great Thou Art (祢真伟大)
- How Awesome You Are (主祢真伟大)
- I Live To Worship You(活着为要敬拜祢)
- Scripture Reading: Luke 24:13-35
- Take Time To Reflect:
I believe all of us do have relationship with Jesus Christ, but how intimate is the
relationship? Do you desire for more intimacy with Jesus Christ? What can you do
to deepen your intimacy with the Lord?
- Some Points from the Passage:
Worship should move our lives. We have to admit, however, the church’s worship
doesn’t always move us. Especially now when we are unable to worship physically
in the church as one body, do our personal worship truly move us? I think
sometimes we are not moved, because of the intimacy we have with God through
Jesus Christ is just not there. This doesn’t mean we are not having a relationship
with Christ, but perhaps that relationship lacks intimacy.
This morning passage is about two followers of Jesus walking to Emmaus on the day of resurrection. They had an encounter with Jesus that changed their lives. There are some points in this passage about our relationship with Christ:
- Jesus Wants to Walk with Us
Our journey with Jesus began when He invited us to walk with Him. When we started to walk with Him, we might not know all about Him. Just like the two
disciples in the passage, they did not know that the “stranger” walking with them was Jesus. This, however, is our problem in our relationship with our Lord. The
invitation is where many Christians stop. We walk with Jesus but never allow the walk to go deeper. Therefore, many of us are missing the intimacy with Jesus. We
find it hard to connect with God and moved by our worship of Him.
- Jesus Wants to Stay with Us
The two disciples did not know the “stranger” with them was Jesus, but what they knew was that they wanted to know more. They were hoping that the “stranger”
(Jesus) to stay longer with them and helping to reveal and make them understand God’s Word. This is where the intimacy begins – don’t just walk with Jesus but stay
with Jesus. This tells us that let’s not meet Jesus only on Sunday in church, instead ask the Lord to be with you each and every day in your home. Meaning we are to
read God’s Word, pray, and worship day in and day out. When our walk with Jesus becomes staying with Jesus, that’s when the level of our intimacy with Him begins
- Jesus Wants to Dine with Us.
In the passage we know that it was not until they were gathered at the table and when the bread was broken that the two disciples’ spiritual eyes were opened
(24:30-31). Dining has the meaning of intimacy here. Who would you invite to dine in your home? Not just anybody, but those who are intimate with you. When we
allow Jesus to fully take control over our lives, willing to share with Him every part of our lives, and truly having that intimacy with Him; our worship will move us no
matter where or in what circumstances we are in. Worship of God will be so powerful and will transform our lives inside out.
When we have that intimacy with Jesus it changes the way we worship. So where are you now, still on the road or already at the table?
- Unison Prayer: O God, thank You for teaching us again the true meaning of worship through Your Word. We humbly come before You, Lord, acknowledging that many
a time we only want to walk with You, but are unwilling to let you stay with us and dine with us. Today, we pray that may Your Holy Spirit work in our hearts and help
us to open our hearts and let You dwell in us. Draw us close to You. Let us be in Your presence each and every day. O Lord, may our worship of You no longer be
superficial, but grow in our intimacy with You. We ask in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
- Offering, Thanksgiving and Intercession Time: (Personally or ask everyone to share a matter to be thankful for and a prayer request, then give thanks and pray for each
other. After that offering maybe received.)
- Closing song: With All My Love (一生爱祢)
- Closing Prayer:
O God, as we come to the close of this morning worship, we await Your blessing so that we may be comforted by the assurance that You will be with us during the
coming week. Continue to speak to us as we seek Your face. Guide us by Your Holy Spirit. Keep us close to You, we pray, in every aspect of our daily lives. We pray in
the name of Jesus, our Savior and Lord. Amen.