马来西亚基督教卫理公会华人年议会 崇拜与音乐部 提供(5/4/2020)
崇拜程序（3）Order of Home Worship (3) 棕枝树主日
- 读经：撒加利亚书 9:9
- 齐声诵读经文：路加福音 19:28-44
- 三个我们可以从这位无名氏——驴驹的主人身上学习的功课：（一）真正跟随耶稣的人愿意把他所拥有的给耶稣。主不会要求我们所没有的。有时候主要求我们给祂基本的东西来成就奇妙的事。有什么是你愿意给主来使用的呢？（二）真正跟随耶稣的人 知晓他所拥有的都是属于主的。我们今天所拥有的，都是主赏赐给我们的。主赐给我们许多东西，例如：才干、资源、时间、儿女、工作、兴趣等。这些都是主所赐给我们，让我们享用的。然而主会随时召用它们，你是否愿意让主来使用呢？（三）真正跟随耶稣的人知道当主使用我们所献上的事务，它将带来倍增价值。驴子成了应验预言的一部分，它载送了这位创造宇宙万物的主宰，而它和它的主人因着这简单的行动竟然被世人津津乐道了两千年。当我们愿意把我们所拥有的放在主的手中，它将会为你带来更美的价值。
Prepared by The Board of Worship and Music. Chinese Annual Conference, The Methodist Church in Malaysia (5/4/2020)
Order of Home Worship (3) – Palm Sunday
- Opening Prayer: Loving Father, as we journey with your Son in this week of remembrance and hope, help us to understand you and your love for the world more clearly. Transform us by the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and prepare us for service in your kingdom, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen
- Read: Zechariah 9:9
- Hosanna In The Highest
- Jesus, My Everything 祢是何等荣美
- Come, Thou Fount Of Every Blessing
- Unison Reading: Luke 19:28-44
- Take Time to Reflect:
- Who is the unnamed character in the passage just read? Why do think the owners allowed Jesus to use his donkey?
- As followers of Jesus Christ, what lessons can we learned from the unnamed character in this passage?
- There are four groups of people we can identify in this passage: the opponents, the indifferent, the enthusiastic, the committed. Which group you want to belong to? How should you act?
(Ask everyone to share their thoughts)
- Some important points to share from the above passage:
- A lot of times when we read this passage, we would concentrate on our Lord Jesus Christ, his disciples, the crowds, or the donkey. The owners of the donkey and colt, who is the unnamed character, are seldom the highlight in this passage. The owners loaned the donkey to Jesus because they acknowledged Jesus as their “Master”. Because when the owners asked Jesus disciples “Why are you untying the donkeys?” Once it was stated that “The Master needs it”, the discussion was over.
- Three main lessons we can learned from the owners of the donkeys:
- The true follower of Jesus is willing to give what he has to the Lord. The Lord will not ask us to give what we don’t have. He sometimes asks us to give the simple things that we have and uses them in great ways. What can you give to the Lord?
- The true follower of Jesus knows that what he has belongs to the Lord. Everything we have has been given to us as a gift from the Lord. Indeed, God has given us many things: our talents, our resources, our time, our children, our jobs, our interests. All these belong to God and He has given them to us as a gift. They are ours to use, but God can ask for them back at any time.
- The true follower of Jesus knows that the value of what we have is multiplied when it is placed at the Lord’s hands. Look at how much more valuable the donkey became when placed in the hands of Jesus. This donkey had a part in fulfilling prophecy; this donkey transported the Lord of All Creation; and this donkey and its owner have been remembered for two thousand years because of their simple act. What we have will become more valuable when we place the things we have in the Lord’s hands.
- We should be the committed group, who trust Christ Jesus as our Savior and Lord. We should acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the “Master” of our lives. What Jesus truly wants is our hearts, meaning our trust, allegiance, and willingness to follow Him. Therefore, what Jesus commands we will do; where He sends, we will go; and what He asks for, we will do.
- Unison Prayer: God of majesty, You are holy. We thank You for giving us the gift of eternal life and the many gifts in this life. We come before You confessing that we’ve taken all these for granted and forgotten that all that we have belongs to You. Forgive us, O God. As we enter into the holy week, remembering our Lord, Jesus Christ’s journey to the cross, lead us, O God, in the way of Christ. Give us courage to take up our cross and Him by relying on Your grace. Help us to love You above all else and to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. Give us strength to serve You faithfully until the promised day of resurrection. Continue to remind us through your Word and the Holy Spirit that You are the Master of our lives. In the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Thanksgiving Prayer and Offering: (Everyone to thank God for the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ and the gifts He has given us in our daily life. After that offering maybe received.)
- Closing song: I Surrender All
- Close by praying the Lord’s Prayer together