1. 始礼经文：万民哪，你们当称颂我们的上帝，使人得听赞美祂的声音。 祂使我们的性命存活，也不叫我们的脚摇动。我曾用口求告祂，我的舌头也称祂为高。上帝是应当称颂的！祂并没有推却我的祷告，也没有叫祂的慈爱离开我。(诗篇66: 8-9, 17, 20)
3. 敬拜：我要全心赞美 My Heart Will Praise You, Lord
倾听我的心 Listen To My Heart
来复兴我Spirit Of The Living God
4. 读经：约翰福音 14:15-21
9. 结束诗歌：哦，愿神的儿子围绕你O Let The Son Of God Enfold You
CAC, The Methodist Church in Malaysia (17/5/2020)
Order of Home Worship (11)
1. Opening Words: Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me! (Psalm 66: 8-9, 17, 20)
2. Prayer of Adoration: Blessed are you, Lord God, King of the universe. In your wisdom you have made all creation to worship you. You call us to worship you now in this time and place, in unity with all your children from all places. We pray that you will quiet our hearts as we prepare to worship, so we may hear your voice in the songs that we sing and the reading of your Word. May this morning worship help us to offer our entire lives to you. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
3. Adoration: My Heart Will Praise You, Lord (我要全心赞美)
Listen To My Heart (倾听我的心)
Spirit Of The Living God (来复兴我)
4. Scripture Reading: John 14:15-21
5. Take Time to Reflect:
What did Jesus promise to His disciples? Who is the another Counselor/Advocate in 14:16? Why is the “Counselor” important to you? How does the “Counselor” work in you?
6. Important Points:
In this passage, Jesus was at the end of His ministry on earth. He assured His disciples that God the Father and Him will not leave them alone to face with the challenges they will be facing. Jesus knew that life for His disciples would be overwhelming and complicated. Therefore, Jesus told His disciples that the Father will give them another Counselor, the Holy Spirit, to be with them (14:16).
We too are not exempted from life’s challenges, we also faced with daily issues that overwhelmed us. These daily issues, consequently, may threaten to separate us from God the Father and Jesus the Son. We need to thank God for giving us the Holy Spirit which is able to help us. How does the Holy Spirit help us?
I) The Holy Spirit Helps Us to Know That God Is Our Help (14:16)
When we are tired, depressed, and on the verge of giving up, we are thankful that God is always there to encourage and help us. For Jesus says He will ask the Father to send another “Counselor”, which is the Holy Spirit. And Holy Spirit is the One who comes alongside us, who encourages us, who comforts us or helps us. He will whisper to us: “You can make it, don’t give up. Though Jesus is not physically with you here and now, He is for you. God is for you!”
II) The Holy Spirit Helps Us to Know That God Is With Us (14:16-18, 21)
God will not leave us nor forsake us. He will not abandon us as orphans. When we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord, God comes to us through His Spirit and stay with us. We don’t see God, and we don’t always feel Him, but He’s always there, working in our hearts. Isn’t it a great comfort to know that God is with us, He is always there for us when we needed Him. We don’t have to face with life circumstances alone, for God is with us.
III) The Holy Spirit Helps Us to Know That God Is Living In Us (14:17)
When we have the Spirit of God living in us, we are able to do great things. This happened to the disciples at the Pentecost where they found themselves doing things they could have never done before. Therefore, when God lives in us through His Spirit, He convicts us of sin, reassures us of our salvation, helps us to resist temptation, reminds us of God’s presence, comforts us, gives us the words we need to defend our faith and the courage we need to share our faith.
We are not alone because we have the Holy Spirit in us. This is Jesus’ promise and gift to all who believe and follow Him. The coming of the Holy Spirit is God’s presence in our lives. He is here to help us, be with us, and live in us. We can be assured that, even in the midst of overpowering difficulties, we have a Father who loves us, a Savior who triumphed over death, and the Holy Spirit who has been called to our side to help us.
7. Unison Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to dwell in us. Through the Holy Spirit, we know that You are always with us and You are helping us not to give up when life is difficult. We also thankful for in life circumstances we are never alone, because You are with us. We also know that by having Your Spirit living in us, we’re able to do great things for You, hence giving glory to You. Lord, we thank You and may You teach us not to take Your presence for granted and help us not to grieve your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
8. Offering, Thanksgiving and Intercession Time: (Share one thankful matter and a prayer request, give thanks and pray for each other. Then offering maybe received.)
9. Closing Song: Spirit Song (O Let The Son Of God Enfold You)
10. Closing Prayer: O Lord, grant that what has been said with our lips we may believe in our hearts, and what we believe in our hearts we may walk in our daily lives, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.